question about kernals with the incredible

Last Updated:

1. Emoney53

Emoney53 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i was gonna ask do we have a true .32 kernal yet? i heard that the 2.2 roms coming out for the incredible arent really true 2.2 because their still running the old .29 kernal..

to be honest i really have no idea what this means but what i get from it is the JiT in 2.2 isnt fully functional without the .32 kernal? if anyone could further clarify this for me even if im completely wrong lol. this is kinda whats been keeping me from rooting.

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

you are correct that they are not using the .32 kernel yet bc they cant get it to work yet... but it is true 2.2 and jit is enabled, jsust .32 will make it even faster

3. Emoney53

Emoney53 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for quick reply!

4. Hitmanthe3rd

Hitmanthe3rd Well-Known Member

And! It will bring Camera to CM6! Woot!

5. silverxbv2

silverxbv2 Well-Known Member

Some questions about this. Aren't there froyo roms on other devices using .32 kernals? What is different about them? And why will the camera only fully function with this kernal if it works just fine on stock kernal?

6. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

well easy answer is out kernels are different from theirs so we can just use other phones kernels and from what ive heard we havent had a leaked 32 kernel come out for our phone like others have... or made one yet