Question about LG Straight Talk Optimus Zip gmail sync

1. greenwood59

greenwood59 New Member

Hi, I recently purchased from Walmart a Straight Talk LG Optimus Zip cell phone with Android capability. Still learning how to use phone. A friend setup gmail so all my emails would appear on the cell. However, it uses too much of the charged battery, and I want to stop the emails coming on the cell. Went to Accounts & Sync, clicked on my email address, then it showed Sync Gmail with a check mark. When I touched the check mark it mark comes off and at the bottom of the screen it says "Remove Account". I'm too afraid to hit that. Will it remove emails from coming into the cell phone? Please somebody help!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums greenwood59, glad to have you here!

First off let me just tell you that Gmail sync barely uses any battery to sync your emails, most likely something else is the culprit behind this battery issue.

However let me answer your question for you. First off you could try to disable Wifi / 3G to save battery and this would also halt the syncing of your email.

When you go into the Gmail settings like you were you should see the Gmail Sync, you should be able to uncheck that and still have the account. I just did it on my phone, i unchecked it and my account still remained on my phone.

I hope this helps!