Question about .mac email account...Support

Last Updated:

1. nikonflash

nikonflash New Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I currently have AT&T and have the iPhone 3G and my contract is up. I have been researching and drooling over the HTC EVO 4G and really want to go set up a plan and buy the phone today!

I currently use my @mac email account for business and personal. My question is can I access the @mac email account through the HTC EVO? Will I be charged more per month? ...Hopefully someone has made the switch from iphone to EVO and can help me out.

Thanks....

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

You will not be charged more per month and it's easy to access that.

Use the stock Evo Mail app, select new account, (IMAP if asked - I don't think it does in this case, don't recall), enter in your @mac address and password - it knows automagically how to configure for the servers, that's it, you're done - except for setting your various mail prefs, like your signature, mail update frequency, etc.

And - welcome to the forum!

3. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

You may want to use the K9 email app instead of the stock app. I don't know about the evo's email client but the standard android client is buggy and lacks features.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Evo's stock email client is actually quite good - I often wonder if shares code with K-9. It's certainly not the stock Android email.

I use it instead of K-9, but both are great choices.