Question about memory

1. alittle

alittle Well-Known Member

I believe this apply to the root section.
    First off. I just got my n7 on Thanksgiving. Loving it
    This is my first device above 2.3 gingerbread. Also my first with ONLY internal memory.
    The problem I'm having is when I boot into recovery and go to restore a backup. Its no longer there.
    I can make the backup, go into root exploror its clearly there in the back ups folder.
    But its happened multiple times already. When I flash a new rom and something screws up (problem w. Paranoid android) I go to recovery and select restore and there are no options.
    I am not formatting internal memory to my knowledge.
    I guess My main ? Is through this rant is (lol)
    Does a factory reset in cwm erase internal sd?

Advertisement
  2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

If you're in 4.2 it messes up the folder that the backups are saved in because of the multi user thing. I know there's a way to fix it but u can't remember. I think it was something on xda
    alittle likes this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I would transfer the backups to your computer after making them for safekeeping :)
    alittle likes this.
  4. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

Two ways to fix this, move your clockworkmod directory to /data/media (with 4.2 it will be unter /data/media/0) then cwm will see it.

Or you can use the process here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1991657 to utilize symlinks to fix it. I believe CWM will be updated, if it's not already, to work for 4.2 and be backwardly compatible. Try the 6.0.1.9 release, I think that's the latest and compatible with 4.2
  5. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

I am unable to find any /data/media file combo anywhere on my device. Running 4.2 stock rooted deodexed rom. I have carefully scoured all folders and files using both paid Astro and Mi Files explorers. Both set to show hidden files and folders. What am I missing? is this why my nandroid backups all fail? Titanium backups all seem to go Ok.
  6. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

What version of clockworkmod? Are you rooted?
  7. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Team win recovery project. Google that :)
  8. lucky013

lucky013 Well-Known Member

The new version of TWRP will fix your problem. you can flash it from ROM toolbox
  9. lucky013

lucky013 Well-Known Member

New version of TWRP will let you see your backups. You can flash it with ROM toolbox
    wtherrell likes this.