• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about Mounted/Unmounted Drive

sooner2k1

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
In order to get a completely fresh start, I restored to a nandroid backup prior to the ZapX Rom I was using, flashed my SBF back to 2.2 Official Release, and I did a factory restore. I also reformatted my SD card.

I still see by using Astro manager that I have an SD card folder in the systems folder, but I also have the /mount folder with /asec, / sdcard, and /secure folders. Astro manager is defaulting to this mounted drive and folders every time no matter what I do.

I've tried unmounting/mounting options for system, cache, etc.. but I just can't seem to get back to the original settings and system folders as default.

Should my nandroid be restoring the old file/mount structure, or is there some setting I could be adjusting/resetting in recovery screen to fix this?

My end goal is to just have a true factory reset, and have the file system exactly like it was when it was purchased, or right after 2.2 update. Any insight is appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones