• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about Nand and a2sd

cornbreadfarts

Android Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2010
Nashville, TN
if i make a nand backup of aloysius snow with a2sd, copying that nand to computer, wiping data/dalvik/ext, repartitioning sd, and flashing another rom. say that rom is not what i want, and want to go back to aloysius. if i restore that nand, will that restore my phone back to just like it was with aloysius?

You will need to make a nand + ext backup if you are running a2sd on aloysius. As long as you are not removing the ext partition from your sd card you will be able to flash back to aloysius with no problems. Why are you wanting to move the nand to a computer tho? are you planning on wiping the whole sd card? If so, that will not affect your ext partition.

Upvote 0
You will need to make a nand + ext backup if you are running a2sd on aloysius. As long as you are not removing the ext partition from your sd card you will be able to flash back to aloysius with no problems. Why are you wanting to move the nand to a computer tho? are you planning on wiping the whole sd card? If so, that will not affect your ext partition.

getting a booploop when not wiping ext. how do i do an ext backup?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones