question about nandroid backups

Last Updated:

1. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

So, I have 2 backups

1 is my stock rooted ROM and the other is virtuous

I see them on my SD card but it's not a zip file like the ROMs are, they are in a clockworkmod/backup/ folder

If I wanted to, how would I reflash/restore from the backup?

I know installing a new ROM you would use the .zip file

Advertisement
  2. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

What you are seeing is folders with the name given to the backup with images for each area of the ROM within it.

Either in ROM Manager pick manage backups and you will see a list then pick one then restore.

Or in recovery pick the restore option and you will get a list of available backups.

In my opinion, ROM Manager is your best and easiest way to manage ROM's and backups.
  3. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

you just go back into recovery mode, and then go to BACKUP & RESTORE, click RESTORE, then there will be dates of when you did your backups, choose one and it will restore to that specific date.
  4. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

great, thanks guys, haven't needed it yet, but it's definitely info I should have.

I probably have already read/heard that but I've android overloaded myself the last couple days

went from a stock phone that I've had since April and in the last 72 hours, rooted it and flashed my first ROM

I feel like I skipped the baby step part and jumped in the deep end! Luckily this forum is full of smart, helpful people!!