question about nexus one price

Last Updated:

1. richie021501

richie021501 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok well from what I've heard, the nexus one is around $175 if purchased with a tmobile plan (over $500 otherwise), however I was wondering if I have to qualify for some sort of upgrade to get this $175 price. I remember when I got my cliq and every site talked about it being only around $200. But when I got to the tmobile store, they told me I needed to qualify for the upgrade to get that price (which I don't since I just recently signed a contract) and I ended up having to pay more then twice that much for the phone. So, I was wondering, is it the same case with the nexus??? Since I don't qualify for an upgrade, will I have to pay a lot more then $175 for the phone??? If so, does anyone know what price I would have to pay???

Advertisement
  2. richie021501

richie021501 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dare I say....bump? Lol sorry, I just really need an answer and can't find anything on this on the web!

3. illutionz

illutionz Well-Known Member

In contrary, 180 price is for new customer. If you're upgrading of some sort, your price will be either 280 or 380 depending on what plan you're upgrading from ;)

4. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member

...and if you are still in a 2 year contract, you can't upgrade. you will have to pay full price.

5. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

If you pay full price can you get on the unlimited (loyalty) minutes plan?

6. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

if you pay full price you can do whatever you want... you don't even need to be on T-Mobile (although at&t is your only alternative here in the US, and no 3G...)

7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

There's no "upgrade price" because you have to get the phone directly from Google, not TMobile.

8. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

If your already on T-Mobile and you qualify for the upgrade, there is an upgrade price.

9. Matt_HTC

Matt_HTC Member

Brand new T-Mo cx or have not been with T-Mo in 22+ months = $179.

Current T-Mo cx on an individual plan (no flexpay/corporate/family plan) that has an upgrade available or not upgraded their device in 22+ months = $279.

All others = $529.

Cx's who purchase the phone at either of the discounted prices must keep the Even More 500 plan with the Android Data Package for at least 120 days or face an Equipment Recovery Fee from Google ($150) and an Early Termination Fee from T-Mo ($200).
    NOTE: you can UPGRADE the plan at any time.

Hope that clears things up a bit.