• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about no data plan and apps

I did the same thing!!! if you call t mobile they will always say you wont have access to the maket but you do!!! everything works great with my cliq XT and i have no data plan!! u could go to tmobile and and buy the phone for full price! yoy might not be able to set your phone up with wifi so you should do what i did! you should go there, buy for full price, and then activate your data play which they will charge a doller per day and then after your setup you can call t mobile by phone and they can disconnect you from the data plan and mabey will charge a dollar! WARNING: DO NOT LISTEN TO ALL OF THE BS!! ITS ALL FAKE AND YOU CAN USE EVERY SINGLE THING PERFECTLY EVEN WITHOUT A DATA PLAN!! hope that helps!!

Upvote 0
I just bought a used cliq xt for $130 less than a week ago.
I have no data plan, and it works flawlessly through wifi.
I work around wifi all day long, I have not much use for
data plan.
I can hardly wait for a solution to root the phone, and for the 2.1 update.
There are several applications that won't work with the current version of OS,
and the non-removable bloatware is ridiculous.
Didn't people sue microsoft for the non-removable internet explorer?
Can't we sue motorola for these non-removable applications?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones