Question about no data plan and appsSupport

1. new2android123

new2android123 New Member

Im planning on buying the Cliq XT for full price online. I am not planning on getting the data plan. So will I be able to get apps through wifi? Also this will be my new android phone. Can i download apps other than from the official app store?

Advertisement
    :
  2. mitchmoney1

mitchmoney1 Well-Known Member

I did the same thing!!! if you call t mobile they will always say you wont have access to the maket but you do!!! everything works great with my cliq XT and i have no data plan!! u could go to tmobile and and buy the phone for full price! yoy might not be able to set your phone up with wifi so you should do what i did! you should go there, buy for full price, and then activate your data play which they will charge a doller per day and then after your setup you can call t mobile by phone and they can disconnect you from the data plan and mabey will charge a dollar! WARNING: DO NOT LISTEN TO ALL OF THE BS!! ITS ALL FAKE AND YOU CAN USE EVERY SINGLE THING PERFECTLY EVEN WITHOUT A DATA PLAN!! hope that helps!!
  3. butcher

butcher New Member

I just bought a used cliq xt for $130 less than a week ago.
    I have no data plan, and it works flawlessly through wifi.
    I work around wifi all day long, I have not much use for
    data plan.
    I can hardly wait for a solution to root the phone, and for the 2.1 update.
    There are several applications that won't work with the current version of OS,
    and the non-removable bloatware is ridiculous.
    Didn't people sue microsoft for the non-removable internet explorer?
    Can't we sue motorola for these non-removable applications?
  4. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Yup I use my Quench with just voice+text, I do data stuff via wifi since wifi is everywhere I go.