• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question About Notification E-mails from the Forum

booser4

Sep 30, 2009
San Diego, CA
Having an issue with e-mails I keep getting saying someone replied to one of my replies or a thread I'm subscribed to on the forums. I normally never have had trouble turning off the e-mail setting on forums / message boards, but for some reason it wont work with what I did. So far I changed the following setting in the User CP Area...

On the tab on the left under Settings and Options, I click "Options"....

Then I went to the spot that says "Default Thread Subscription Mode"....

This was set for e-mails to be on, so I changed it to "No Email Notification", and I keep getting e-mails still. I saved it and everything, still not working. Do I need to change the setting somewhere else, or do I need to make myself not subscribe to any threads in this setting?

Any help would be appreciated. Just getting hammered with e-mails saying "So and so has replied to blah blah thread."

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones