Question about "Notifications"

Last Updated:

1. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having trouble figuring something out about the calendar on the Droid, and notifications.

If I set a meeting for 10:30 and have NO notifications, when 10:30 comes nothing happens. No alarm or anything.

If I set a meeting for 10:30 and set a 5-minute notification, it rings at 10:25 and I hit "snooze," but at 10:30 nothing happens and the alarm never rings again, even though I haven't dismissed it.

If I set a meeting for 10:30 and set a 10-minute notification, it rings at 10:20 and I hit "snooze," and it rings again at 10:25, and I hit "snooze" again, but when 10:30 comes nothing happens and no alarm ever rings again.

What am I missing here? What am I doing wrong? Why isn't there an alarm for the actual time of the meeting (10:30), and why don't the alarms continue to sound until they're dismissed?

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Astrid does what you're looking for I believe.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

What you describe is EXACTLY how the DROID is designed to work. I (and your DROID) don't understand why anyone would want an alarm going off AT the time the meeting is supposed to start. That would be annoying. This isn't an alarm clock. The notification is a "reminder" ... the key word. Do you really need reminded of a meeting that is supposed to be happening RIGHT NOW??? No.

If this isn't what you want, you're going to have to get a 3rd party app that notifies you at the time of the appointment. alostpacket seems to like Astrid ... rumor has it that it's his favorite app. ;)

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

LOL it is indeed. It should let him set reminders for before, at, and after his mtg too. It can even be set to alarm clock mode. :)

Edit: almost forgot, it should be able to add tasks to your calendar too.