question about people app and mail settingsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hrf

hrf New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, hoping someone can help me with a people app question. I have both a gmail and an exchange email account and have the contacts from both nicely synched in the people app. HOWEVER, if I select a particular contact from the list and toogle along the bottom to look at the "mail" option, it only shows emails from them that came in to my exchange account. It never shows emails from any of my contacts that originated from my gmail account. All the other options work great for text messages and updates etc, so I am not quite sure how to resolve this so that I can see gmail emails too.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yep, that's the way it works on my phone, too. What I did was set up my gmail account in the mail app as well with IMAP, with no notifications (so I don't get duplicates).

3. hrf

hrf New Member This Topic's Starter

BINGO! Followed your suggestion and it works like a charm. Now have emails from both accounts showing in the people app. Thanks so much for solving my problem. :)

4. clankuku

clankuku New Member

had the same problem. but wont setting both, eat up battery, space and data usage? isn't there a way to have the people widget use either Gmail or Mail app? i prefer gmail app, seems much faster