Question about pre-odering onlineGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Locke

Locke Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so here's the deal...

I'm on a family plan with a total of 4 numbers right now (only 2 are in use). My number, as luck would have it, is not eligible for my NE2 yet. However, one of the unused numbers is up for its NE2 upgrade. I'm aware that you can use the extra line's upgrade and apply that to another number. namely, the one I've been using forever.

Now my question is how would I go about doing this with an online pre-order? Would I put the number thats eligible for the upgrade in when I'm pre-ordering the device and run over to the VZW store to activate it with my current number when I receive the phone? Or is there some other way I should go about this?

I've never pre-ordered online before and this is a question that's been nagging me for a while. if somebody could help me out that'd be fantastic.

Thanks! :D

Advertisement
  2. ncsustash

ncsustash Well-Known Member

NE2 only applies for the primary line.

3. Locke

as I understand it, NE2 is the 2 year upgrade eligible to any open line with VZW. I.e. your 2 year upgrade, which I am absolutely sure applies to all my lines as I've used this method before numerous times. This doesn't really address my question though...

4. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

Only primarily lines get NE2 to my understanding all other lines are only eligible with the new upgrade discount but not NE2. Maybe I'm wrong, there policies have changed yearly.

5. hornyhippo

hornyhippo Well-Known Member

Only primary line gets NE2 discount but verizon said you can give the discount to any other line. I don't know their current policy.

Answers to FAQs

"I have a Family SharePlan with several lines of service. Am I eligible for New Every Two?

The primary line is eligible to participate in New Every Two. Secondary lines are not eligible for the program unless they are subscribed to an Unlimited Anytime Minute Plan. However, you can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account."

6. Locke

I may have misstated some things as well, my apologies. :eek:

Be that as it may, one of my lines is eligible for the discounted upgrade price. I just spoke with a VZW rep and they told me that I have to go about it the way that I stated in my original post. Question answered I suppose! Looks like I'll be making a trip the the VZW store on the 29th regardless. maybe I shouldn't even pre-order. :rolleyes:

7. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

Not so much. The NE2 upgrade is additional discount on the 2-year price on a phone, it's a program which any line that has a 34.99 access cost or higher is enrolled on once it enters a 2-year contract. Please note that dataplans, insurance, and other features do not raise the access cost, those are in addition to the access cost. Therefore, secondary lines on familyshare plans do not get the NE2, they just get a standard upgrade 20 months into the 2 year contract.

For further information, the NE2 amounts used to be $50/$100 (depending on plan) and are now $30/$50.

Again, not so much. :) What you can do is just pre-order the phone for the line that's eligible for the upgrade. When you get the phone, use *228 to activate the phone and accept terms & conditions (i.e. the 2 year contract) for the line you ordered it on, then select option 2 to activate the phone later. Then you can switch the phone onto the line you want it on without bothering the line you ordered it with.

In short, you can do this at home, with pre-ordering.

wildland and Locke like this.
  8. Locke

Very helpful info, thank you :)