Question about redownloading paid apps.

1. cjkeeney

cjkeeney New Member

When I first activated my phone, the Verizon associate made me set up an e-mail on spot, and after several failed attempts of finding an e-mail I was content with, I gave in and got one with a number in it (I loathe having numbers in my e-mail)

I kept it for a while and purchased some applications on it (including Documents to Go when it was on sale). Today, I decided to create a new e-mail to my liking and use that one for my main e-mail. However, after doing the factory reset and syncing everything to the new e-mail, it seems it causes me to repurchase all of my paid apps.

Is there any way to bypass this or do I have to repurchase everything over again? I don't mind having to purchase the ones that are $1.00 (I have only purchased 5 or 6 apps), but the documents to go is the one that hurts the most.

I even tried resyncing my old e-mail, but that doesn't seem to work seeing as how it's not my primary. Ugh sorry for the lengthy post with my inconsistent babbling. =]

Advertisement
    :
  2. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

Purchased apps are tied to your e-mail account. You would have to setup your first e-mail as your main one to download them again.

Now I am not sure if this will work or if it's considered legal by Google

I would reset the phone and use the first e-mail you had and then download the apps again and then use Astro file manager to back them up. Once you have done this, reset the phone again with the new e-mail address and then use Astro again to install the apps you backed up.

I am not sure this will work though, or if you will be able to get updates after doing this.
  3. cjkeeney

cjkeeney New Member

Hmmm, thanks for the answer/suggestion. It seems the only thing I can really do is add the original account, tie it to my new account, and just use the new one for personal/business purposes.
  4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I read on a site somewhere that apps can be moved from one account to another. I'll hunt down the link ... I believe I have it book-marked at home.

--------------------

UPDATE: Now I remember where I saw it. Open up the Market app, Press the Menu button, then tap Help. That'll open up your browser and you can tap on the link "Managing Your Account".
  5. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

I recently had to exchange my Droid for a new one. I did re-enter my G-mail account info to get my phone numbers back on the phone but none of the apps came back. The only one that I had purchased was XScope and I to didn't see a problem purchasing it again, but it showed as purchased in the app store and downloaded nicely into my new Droid for free. Dont know if they all work that way but some apparently do.
  6. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to pay for any apps a second time as long as you are using the same gmail address.
  7. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

That's how it's supposed to work out.