Question about RoamingTips

Last Updated:

1. VaDivot

VaDivot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 17, 2009
    Just recently got the Evo and absolutely love it. I'm coming over from Verizon and noticed im having a bit of a problem at work. At home I have no problems, but at work even though I'm in a very heavily populated area, I dont get good Sprint coverage at all. As I sit here in my office my phone is constantly switching between a Sprint tower where I'm lucky to get a bar, and roaming on a Verizon tower where I get 4 bars.

Not only is this killing my battery because it cant make up its mind which one to stay on, but if I receive a phone call while on the Sprint tower the reception is so bad I usually cant even hear the other person. This is the only place I have this problem, but problem is that I'm here 9 hours a day. Anyway to force the phone to stay on the roaming tower? Sucks that if there was any less reception on the Sprint tower it would probably stay roaming, or if there was better reception with Sprint's tower it would stay there and I would be able to make calls. Unfortunately I'm stuck in that happy little median where it cant make up its mind what to do.

2. jgrat86

jgrat86 New Member

Nov 8, 2010
    the only way I know and have been told is you have to root it and install an app that you can find in the app store. I don't know the name of it but just search roaming
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010