• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about Root and this phone

I'm using faux12's Nexus rom and the only issues I'm still having is the screen bleeding ( which can't be fixed with a rom ) and my battery life. Heavy use can drain the battery quickly. But its nothing like with the stock rom. I was having to charge my battery up within 4-6 hours. Now I get a good 8-12 hours depending on use. Other then what I've stated I've had no other issues.

It sure is nice not having my phone reboot every few hours for no reason.
Side note, I think my phone even runs cooler now, it might just be my opinion but to me its not running as hot as it did with stock.

Upvote 0
Haven't rooted my phone yet, but that is because I don't have any of these issues. My phone froze 1 single time about a week after I bought it... that is it. My battery life is fine, unless I play plants vs zombies for 3 hours straight... with 4G on... I (at least haven't noticed) any screen bleeding. I even like the vanilla Android layout. The only "problem" is it gets pretty damn hot, which scares me. I will be flashing over to CM7 soon though. I am taking a class in app dev, and want to make sure I have complete control over my phone for testing purposes. And I hate the bloatware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones