question about rooting and phone use

Last Updated:

1. mom22boys

mom22boys Member This Topic's Starter

I just want to know if I root my Eris will it work as a phone? I have only had to exchange it once for the scrolling left issue. I have no complaints with my Eris except it stinks as a phone. I want to be able to make a call, hang up and make a second call without the phone locking up and taking 5 minutes. Hubby still has a dummy phone and has had to hand me his phone so I could make a phone call.

Advertisement
  2. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member

Yes. Root and flash XTRSense 4.6. It will be a vast improvement, but educate yourself first. Take an hour or so and read up on 1 click root, nandroid backups, backing up apps and info using titanium backup, and how to clear cache and properly flash a rom. It is def worth the jump.

3. mom22boys

mom22boys Member This Topic's Starter

thanks. I will try to read evrything. I have never done anything like this with a phone. it is actually my first smartphone. So sad that I love everything about it....except the actual phone!!!!

4. kaneda312

kaneda312 Member

I rooted mine using the One click ( actually takes a few more than 1 ) method and flashed over Kaosfroyo v37. I can now make calls now as quick as I could on my blackberry, it made my Eris a usable phone again. The battery life is WAAYYYY longer than it used to be too. I've been using my phone all day without plugging it in, and it's currently sitting at 87% battery life.

5. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member

kaosfroyo is good too, but it has two deal breakers for me. 1. messaging app wont play 3gp vids sent from my wife's phone. 2. it will not play wma music files. I know that I could convert to mp3 but it is a pain for all the music that I have. I suggested xtrsense because of its stock feel for a newb :) plus zach's work is primo