Question about rooting / updates

Last Updated:

1. jschenemann

jschenemann Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys and gals. Well, I rooted my Epic and put froyo on it. Since then, my battery life has got worse, and the phone isn't as responsive. Id like to go back to 2.1, but can't seem to figure out how. Anybody else having problems?

Jess

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Which Froyo leak, exactly, did you flash?

4. jschenemann

Sorry I posted in the wrong forum, thanks for moving it for me. I downloaded an unroot to the phone and used it in the bios. Froyo (which I got from the xda developers site) is still installed. Most of the lag I notice was from Launcher Pro, which I uninstalled. Back to TWLauncher, but much faster now. internet scrolling is still a bit slow, even as I type this.

Separate question....If and when the official 2.2 comes out, will I be able to update? Thx for your help.

Jess

5. Kelmar

There are multiple different Froyo leaks that have been released. Do you know which one you installed or how you installed it?

On your phone, hit Menu>Settings>About Phone

Baseband Version = ?
    Build Number = ?

6. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Jess, if you are asking if you will be able to update over the air, the safe answer would be, no, not unless you unroot. You should never accept an OTA update while rooted.

The usual remedy to this would be to flash a ROM that is based on the latest and updated 2.2. By the time the OTA pushes, the Devs will have the full code for 2.2 and you will likely have access to it before the average Joe. WIth that said, I am a confessed anti-Samsung person simply because of this. I am talking straight out of my ass here but they might skip 2.2 and go straight to Gingerbread when it comes out....that is how they handled 2.1 on the Moment....1.5 straight to 2.1....skipping 1.6.

7. jschenemann

Baseband S:D700.0.5S.DI18
    Build Froyo.DJ29

8. Kelmar

Did you want to go back to a stock ROM or 100% stock (without root access)?

I'd recommend the Andromeda ROM for a stock 2.1 ROM that still enables root access. It can be flashed through Clockwork in the same method you flashed DJ29.