Question about Ryans One-Click Lag FixTips

Last Updated: 2010-10-03 04:55:30
  1. Chief714

Chief714 Well-Known Member

Ok. I used Ryan's one click lag fix in the market place to root and do the lag fix on my captivate. However I've noticed that since the lag fix I'm getting significantly lower battery life. I went from 16 hours a charge to 7. Is this the trade off? or am I the only person with this issue??

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

i havent heard that before but i would do a battery pull and see if that helps the battery any next charge. i had some program running called "media server" and it drained my battery extremely fast and i have no idea what it was, maybe something like that happened on yours
  3. bword

bword Well-Known Member

I havent noticed a dramatic change in battery life..but then again im constantly keeping it on charge at work.
  4. Chief714

Its a definite change. I've been watching it and my battery life is waaaay less
  5. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member

Has anyone uninstalled the lag-fix and noticed their battery life increased ?
  6. bword

bword Well-Known Member

mebbe my battery sucked from the beginning I never noticed a difference.
  7. Chief714

I just unrooted today.
    I'm gonna see how the phone does tomorrow. I don't think it took the lagfix off tho, cuz my quadrant score is still 2300
  8. pqrs

pqrs Member

today was my first day running lagfix and it didnt seem to drain the battery any more than usual? still just barely made it through the work day! lol.. but as long as i stays avile for my 9hrs of work im happy, i can plug it in the car on the way home if need be.
  9. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

unrooting wont remove the lag fix, you have to actually do the remove lag fix option
  10. Chief714

when I remove the lag fix, is there a particular order I should do this? because there are a few options that I'm given in regards to removing things.

I don't want to jack up my Cap and I'm new to Android. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
  11. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

A good reason not to apply these dirty "lag fix" hacks, honestly. Given what we know of them, their risks and their side-effects.