Question about SBF'ing

Last Updated:

1. wylie

wylie Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I'm currently running RubiX Focused 1.0 on top of the leaked 2.3.15. I was thinking of SBF'ing to the 2.2 OTA to get the updated Radio and Baseband. My question is this, once I SBF, root, and install Bootstrap, can I then Nandroid back to my RubiX?

Advertisement
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Common sense tells me no, but I would wait for someone more knowledgeable on the subject.

3. wylie

That was my thoughts too. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can give me a definitive answer.

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i would not recommend it. but chances are it will work. worse thing that can happen is you have to sbf again.

wylie likes this.
  5. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Unless the op creates a nandroid after root before trying the other old nandroid. ;)

6. Dane186

Dane186 Member

I have a similar question. Is it worthwhile to sbf the 2.2. From the leaked 2.2 update running FlyX? Is the upgrade baseband and radio worth it? After updating I'll prolly keep the stock blur and just remove the bloatware and beaslys hacks.

7. wylie

Guess I'll try it out tomorrow... I am going to load ApeX 1.0 after SBF, but I was just wondering if I would have the Backup of RubiX to fall back on if I didn't like ApeX.