Question about Seidio Innocase securityAccessories

Last Updated:

1. mikevp

mikevp New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for a skin/belt case or clip for my Evo, and the Innocase with holster looks pretty close to what I'm after.

I'm a bit uneasy about it, though, because I had a similar Seidio holster for my Palm Treo. I loved everything about that holster but one: It was way, way too easy for a random bump or snag on a seatbelt or whatever to send the Treo flying. Fortunately, the Treo is built like a battleship, and despite a few case gouges from skidding across the pavement, it was none the worse for it.

The Evo... I think that treatment would kill it pretty much instantly.

So, what I'd like to ask the folks here is.... How long have you had your Innocase? How securely does it seem to hold the Evo? Have you ever had a 'loss of containment accident' with the Innocase? (I'd had the Treo Seidio holster for a week or so before my first accidental release/dropping. After a few months, I reluctantly gave up using it, because the Treo was getting bounced way too much.)

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

So far I can only speak to the holster for the evo without the case and it's awesome. I'm currently waiting for for the rugged value case combo which includes both the regular innocase and holster along with the rugged case and holster. Depending on what your specific needs, the rugged case does lock into the holster so that may be more along what you're looking for. I'll try to get a review for the rugged on by Friday.

3. deanpark

deanpark Member

I've had the Innocase II (with holster) for a couple of weeks. It's the updated one that fits snugly. I've had none of the problems that have been reported by others. It fits well, hasn't scratched the Evo case and does everything a case should do.

I also had an Innocase for my last phone, a WinMo unit; same result, solid.

As to your question about falling off when you get in the car; if you have it on your left hip, it probably will happen. It happened frequently with my WinMo case, but the phone was never damaged; just scratches on the Innocase. The Evo case is similarly constructed, so it would probably fall off or your belt, too. Except.......I've changed my habit. I now put the phone on my right hip. Problem solved, although I haven't fully adjusted to the change yet.

Dean Park
    St. Louis, MO

4. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

Does the rugged case actually lock into the holster or is it just the spring clip like the rest of the seidio clips?

I had a seidio case/holster for my iPhone and I also had my phone go flying a few times. My holster actually broke the spring clip part broke off.

5. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

Double post. Sorry

6. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

The description says something to that effect but I will confirm by Friday.

7. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I have the IC2 case/clip combo. It's pretty darned secure. The only time it has ever come undone is when I got in/out of my full-size SUV. One of my blubber rolls actually pushed the clip open and the Evo went tumbling. The IC2 protected it perfectly. Nary a scratch or anything.

I carry my Evo everywhere in this combo, and it's hasn't unclipped, become loose, or gotten any damage whatsoever since I got it just after launch.

I've had an Otterbox for another device before, and even considered the Seidio Rugged, but my lifestyle isn't nearly that rough that either would be necessary. I guess if I worked construction or hard labor, I'd consider them, but not just for daily commuting, average office-jockey Joe.

I'd get a backup clip just in case I step on or somehow break my current one when it's not in use and just sitting around. My dog's had her eyes on it so I fear her getting a chew on it than anything I could do to it.