Question about selling evo

Last Updated:

1. Doomsquadxxx

Doomsquadxxx Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I've had evo for a little over a month and I finally decided it's just not for me, how do I sell it since it's roote is it still worth some money, I'm planning on buying a new black berry and after I activate that one was thinking of getting ris od this one..also how do I remove my market info as I did buy a few apps so my cc is on there..Any advice thanks

Advertisement
  2. Chief YYZ

Chief YYZ Well-Known Member

You can sell it on Ebay or anything similar.
    Your info is mostly linked to your Google account. Factory resetting the phone will wipe your info from the phone, but leave your info linked to Google. As for the SD card, format that or use a PC program to erase it, or just keep it.
    Menu>Settings>SD & Phone Storage

3. tx_dbs_tx

tx_dbs_tx Active Member

You can do a soft reset by going into settings>sd & phone storage>Factory Data Reset. Then list it on craigslist.org in your area under the "cell phones" section and it will sell fast. Price it according to its condition. EVO's sell for $250 in good condition and more if it's still in mint condition. You will have no problem selling your EVO on craigslist.

Since you are not liking Android mabe you should go to a blackberry if you like blackberry os better. To each his own. By the way there is a brand new Blackberry flip phone coming out on Sprint very soon. It looks awesome and has a ful qwerty keyboard also. It runs the brand new Blackberry os 6 and if you like flip phone tyle then it would be a great phone. Otherwise get the Blackberry Bold because it has a lot more memory than the curve for installing apps, etc. Good luck!

There's no way in hell I would ever go back to a blackberry or a smaller screen than my EVO. This phone ROCKS!!!

4. neudof

neudof Active Member

Keep in mind that if you used your upgrade, and you are waiting on a rebate check, you have to have the phone activated on your account for 180 days. If you have only had the phone for a month and you sell it to get something else, you will loose your 100$ rebate.

5. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

Where did you get that 180 day info from? I was under the impression it was only 30 days.

6. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member

7 x 8 = 56

I has to be active on the line for at least 30 days, however you might get your MIR denied if it get's de-activated before the rebate is sent.

@ my location we advise our customer to keep the phone active for at least 60 days and to make sure that they have added their email address to the MIR form so they can be keep up to date with the progress on their MIR.

As Per https://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/preSubmissionsFAQ.html

How long do I have to wait to receive my rebate?

If your rebate submission has been provided to Sprint according to the terms and conditions of the offer, your rebate check will generally arrive in approximately 8 weeks. You can check your current status online.

7. neudof

neudof Active Member

I have no clue where I came up with 180... WOW
    30 days is the required amount of time per the rebate form...
    Sorry for the bad info!!

8. Doomsquadxxx

Doomsquadxxx Member This Topic's Starter

I got it at SAMs club no rebate just 200.00 bucks and 40.00 discount off that sams member discount, and I got free activation.

I'm on the hunt for a black berry on craiglist for a good deal once I get one I'll put this one on the market..