• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

question about signal strengh

since i had a big problem just now with messing around with things to try to get signal strength better

i was wonder

whats considered the best or great signal strength i dont mean in bars i mean in the numbers like in the settings area

i have found that anything lower than -100 dbm is pretty good to keep calls from dropping. mind you i am no tech junkie when it comes to this so what i have learned from here in the forums and doing my own searches on the www...i have found that -125 dbm is pretty much you have no signal and the lower you go which is the best i have had was down around mid -70's...i installed an app called cell finder...basically it shows you, using your gps where the closest cell towers are in your area...find a tower drive to it and watch how your dbm changes note: that the lower your dbm is the better your signal is...from what i understand witout having to get to in depth is that the bars really dont matter...i have found they are there really just to piss you off lol...hope this helps

sinned

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones