Question about Smoked Glass "Home Screen"

Last Updated:

1. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK...So I ROM'd my Droid with Broken Glass (I'm pretty sure it's 4.5). You have 5 screens...from left to right, lets just number them 1 thru 5. One would think the default home screen would be screen #3...but it isn't...it's screen #2. I like being able to just hit the "Home" button at the bottom to scroll directly to the home screen. Anyone know why the home screen is screen #2 and if I can change it to screen #3?

Side note...how can I tell what version of Smoked Glass (or any other ROM for that matter) I'm running?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I never asked this myself, but yeah, that was a bit annoying.

Hopefully someone can answer it, cause I still have this backed up in my Nandroid folder....

3. headbanger51

I hope so too...I had to migrate everything from screen #3 to #2, which was annoying, but then I backed it all up now that I've got everything all nice and orderly-like.

4. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member

I only had this problem when i used 4.0 and was in launcher2 which was more like 2.1 theme. I switched to launcher in HomeSwitcher app and that one works correctly. Try that.

5. headbanger51

Yeah, I'm actually running Home Switcher right now (highly recommended app BTW for anyone else!) and still has page 2 as the default. The individual who reviewed SG over at AllDroid stated in his review that this was an "easy fix" but didn't list it, so I emailed him. I'll post the response here.

My guess is if johnlgalt has been befuddled by this issue, there are many who are feeling the same.

6. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member

hmm weird. i coulda sworn that worked for me.

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I thought only the Launcher2 was set to the left of middle screen as default home - I thought if you changed to 2.0.1 app drawer, then it went back to normal.

8. headbanger51

Well, it says "Launcher" in Home Switcher (which is the only way I know to switch between Home and Launcher) but the "address" if you will is com.android.launcher2 -- I've noticed that launcher2 crashes a lot. How do I switch back to launcher?