question about sprint tv/nfl network on the evo

Last Updated:

1. willieb2006

willieb2006 Member This Topic's Starter

on my old sprint phone i used to have nfl network channel on my sprint tv and i know a few people who still have it but on my evo that dosnt come installed does anyone know why that is and if theres anyway i can install somehow...thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. warphead

warphead New Member

sprint lost their contract with the NFL and part of it was the NFL app on the phones with the live streaming and news. the NFL app from verizon (who currently holds the license) was able to be installed on the Evo but after an update from verizon it no longer works.

3. willieb2006

wow that really sucks...thanks for the reply

4. BrianJB

BrianJB Well-Known Member

But...there is a guy over on the xda forums who was able to crack the latest verizon updated nfl mobile app. But they havent let him post it on the forum yet due to copyright issues. Plus once the nfl season starts all verizon members will have to pay a $10 a month fee to access the games on vcast. So they arent sure how (if at all) people outside of verizon & buying vcast will be able to access it.

5. willieb2006

yeah i figured someone will hack it...just a matter of time

6. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

The Evo does have a different football app though: Sprint Football (under "S" in the app list).

7. jcheney10

jcheney10 Active Member

Sprint is ****ing stupid for letting the nfl go to verizon one of my favorite things on my old instinct last year was the nfl network games damn sprint I almost want verizon now maybe I will unlock my evo and go with them

8. willieb2006

yea but the sprint football is nothing like the nfl network.....i used to have the instinct as well it was was nfl network was a big reason i came to sprint

9. hbfreekwan

hbfreekwan Member

football is meant to be watched on tv. if flash gets to be 100% working you can watch all the games and ppv on Redirect... for cheap.