Question about Stock twitter app

Last Updated:

1. caliboy99

caliboy99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have started using the stock twitter app and have it set to check every 5 min, notification sound & vibrate for new tweets. But for some reason it does not do this on a regular basis. Sometimes i will get them as i want but more often i will have to manually refresh just to see the new tweets.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen? I have tried another free app from the market with similar results. So i am guessing this is either a phone or network issue even and error on my part. Any help would be great.

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Are you sure you actually have new tweets to download every five minutes? It could just be that no one you are following has tweeted anything lately.

I never experienced this issue with HTC Peep and always thought it was a pretty good Twitter app, especially considering it is a stock HTC app. I did eventually switch to Touiteur, however, because I just love its interface and available options.

3. caliboy99

caliboy99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well sometimes the people i am fallowing do not tweet every 5 min. But when they do sometimes i do not even know about it utill i go into peep and refresh manually or unlock the screen.
    Sometimes when i do get a notification the time stamp on the tweet will say that it was posted 20+ min ago. I still find this strange when i have peep set to refresh in the background every 5 min.

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

To be honest, after the Android 2.1 update, I am having similar problems with my POP3 email account. It will either notify me quite a long time after the new email has arrived or it will notify me immediately and then keep on notifying me about the same email every once in a while. The time between these multiple notifications for the same email seems to be random. It is very strange.

The issue I have mentioned above is driving me nuts. I think there may be a glitch in the notification system, although texts, voicemails, and tweets seem to be issuing notifications normally for me, so the problem may just be relegated to the stock HTC email client.