Question about Task/APP KIller?Support

Last Updated:

1. TommyMac

TommyMac Active Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 19, 2010
    Hi new here, just got the phone and it's Awesome. I want to know why I have to use this feature? like when I'm done looking at an APP and it closes doesn't that shut it off?
    I DL'd the free one and when I goto use I see all these APPS running but I never used them?
    Also, how do I save every customized screen? is it just ONE save or can I have different wallpapers in the background for every screen?

2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Personally, I'm not a fan of auto task killers in general. If an app is acting up and using resources when it shouldn't, I'll kill it with SystemPanel. Otherwise, I let them do what they should do. People seem to get obsessed with this, and assume that just because an app appears in the task list, that it is actually using some resources that they need. This usually is not the case at all.

I should also note, that by default VZW installs some worthless apps that are always "running" in the background even if you never open them. These cannot be removed or disabled by default. This is one of the motivators for a lot of people to root their phone, to get all this garbage off it.