• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Task Killer

t1jordan

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2009
Baltimore
When Im using my estrong file manager, I ignore A few background items. I would like to know, what do they do? Or Can I kill these certain processes.

1. DCS Utility Component
2. Com.android.providers.drm
3. OMADM
4. HTCIQAGENT
Now I have these services being ignored because I don't know what they are for. I'm just trying to get the phone to run as smooth as possible with out rooting. The Estrong file manager widget is keeping my phone smooth. Im just worried about these background services.

I know this is a Noob question, but Im looking for some help.

1. A handler for Stocks, weather and any other HTC application that updates.

2. Android's digital rights management modules. Needed if you buy songs from iTunes or the Zune store and want to play them. Probably is also used by SMicro libraries when scanning for new media on your SD card. Don't kill it.

3. Open Mobile Alliance Device Management. Needed for any OTA updates, including profile and prl.

4. Needed by touchInput, so don't kill it. It's another HTC software library.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones