• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Tatto

I think I heard that an android software update (maybe I'm thinking about android 2.0) fixes that problem so that more apps will work with different screen sizes.
It's nice to know that the phone price can be kept down and not slow down the phone even with htc sence on the phone.
the screen size contributes to this (7 screens with 4 less spaces on each screen means 20 less spaces to put widgets, which sounds bad but does free up memory)
as android continues to update the screen size will matter less and less.
not sure when the tattoo will recieve this update (or if it already has)
however the problem may never be completely solved

Also: I'm pretty sure the phone has to come with the android market.
You don't have a choice, It's built into the phone
there is no way to get rid off it.
your phone WILL have the android market
maybe your thinking of something else (Like 3g service)
without 3g service you'll still be able to enjoy the android market as long as you have wifi

Upvote 0
hi Sweed,
FOA thanks for the reply... it is invaluable to newbie like me.:):)

let's just hope Tatto will get the update :)

regarding the Market app, i am very sure Tattoo for Malaysia is not bundled with Market app. users here are relying on SlideMe or 'rooting' (i have no idea what that means though :eek: ).

thanks

Upvote 0
Your welcome.
But I've been pretty sure that the market place is built in and can't be removed.
If you don't have it then I guess you can root your phone and then follow these instructions:
http://androidforums.com/htc-tattoo/13765-orange-customers-restore-your-google-applications.html
(I know what that threads for, but this is the same basic concept)

If you don't have the Market then your probobly missing alot of other google applications. that thread will help you get them

Upvote 0
ok thanks for the link. i will give it a go. :)

fyi, i just bought a Tattoo today. so it is confirmed that there is no Market inside. but the salesman installed so many apps inside which i have not had the chance to view yet. the phone is still charging...:D

the price for Tatto in Malaysian ringgit is RM1350
HTC Hero is RM2350. expensive... too bad... i hate the design anyway... :D

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones