Question about the 'All Mail' label in gmail

Last Updated:

1. DaddyWhale

DaddyWhale Active Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 23, 2010
    I'm new to Android. The Captivate is my first Android phone. Generally I'm very pleased with the switch from iPhones to the Captivate. One thing, however, bugs me. My old iPhones used to save on the phone the latest 200 messages in the 'All Mail' label of my gmail account. I had access to these saved messages regardless of whether I was connected on wifi or 3g. The Captivate, however, does not seem to keep a local copy of these messages: every time I open the All Mail label I get a 'Loading Conversations' message; if I try to open All Mail while in Flight Mode I get an Unable to Connect error.

Is there a painless way to save sent and received email messages locally? I don't mind having to manually sync the specific label (other than the Inbox) from time to time. This is mostly an issue when I'm not connected via wifi. I'm on the 200MB data plan and don't like wasting my data allowance on messages that I should be able to maintain locally.

Thanks in advance,

2. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    The "all mail" folder cannot be synced on the stock email app. You can choose how many days of Inbox and Sent you want synced.
    DaddyWhale likes this.