Question about the donate version of Titanium

Last Updated:

1. MonmouthDroid

MonmouthDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I love titanium back up, but there is one thing I really wish it did, and if the paid version does this i will buy it. I don't want to have to click "install, done" for each app I am restoring. I want it to just auto install all my apps without me doing anything. Does the paid version do this? If not, are there any restore apps that do? Or is this something that is not possible due to Android system requirements?

EDIT: After thinking about it, it seems like in 2.1 and lower, you would be required to do each app individually, just like in the market. But 2.2 enabling auto update where the user dosen't need any interaction would make me think that it would now be possible to do what I am after.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

But the donate version smells like chocolate chip cookies! :(

3. MonmouthDroid

That is cruel! That will make me want fresh baked cookies but I will be too busy restoring 76 apps to make any!

4. growler13

growler13 Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure how well the auto update will work. I know for me right now its pretty bad, but I'm still on the leaked froyo version. The other thing is that after flashing a rom it almost never recognizes me in the market so there wouldn't even be an option to auto download everything. Titanium also backs up all the data so you don't have to go re-entering info every time.

5. MonmouthDroid

I know that, thats why I use titanium. I was more getting at that maybe the developer of titanium could the scripts/code/whatever that enable the market to auto update to build auto install into his app.

6. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

i love my donate version...

7. MonmouthDroid

What, exactly, in plain english, does the donate version do that the free does not?

8. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Auto restore all the apps. Click restore the batch, and no clicking ok to all the programs, just watch it go.

9. MonmouthDroid

^^that is exactly what i asked if it could do. why didn't people just say yes?

10. growler13

growler13 Well-Known Member

Haven't you ever worked with techy people before? Theres no straight answers, theres explanations. Its why no one likes us

11. MonmouthDroid

Lol i am a techy-ish person, and I am the same way. Its just annoying to be on the other end haha

12. Branndon

I am also very techy, heck, I run a web design business, but I also hate non straight answers.

13. antron007

antron007 Active Member

Yes, they're not just giving you the answer they're helping you become more informed. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

14. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

I just donated $6 for the full version of Titanium Backup, got an email with the key... with hokey instructions to place the file on my SD card, which I did, and restart Titanium Backup. I did that, and still only the free version resulted... it did not load my registration information like it was supposed to. Alternate instructions said to delete the key file from my SD card and restart T-Backup, which I did, and of course, that did nothing.

What must one do to get a full version besides donate money?!!!

Edit: Okay, so I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed... I figured out the problem. When I unzipped the file, more than one occurrence happened, and the one I copied had a computer-generated "1" (as in copy #1) in it. I found the actual copy I should have used that contained no digits and it worked! Geez!!

15. Branndon

I just put the file on the SD card like it said. Maybe a reinstall of titanium once the file is on the card?

16. einyv

einyv Well-Known Member

batch works great!