Question about the earbudsTips

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Are these the same earphones that they sell at best buy for $99? If so how is the sound quality? My LG Thrill didn't come with a set of headphones and my old Captivate & iphony 3G headphones aren't cutting it. I'm thinking about getting a pair next week but need some user info on them. Ratings on amazon & best buy are mixed reviews. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

I'm afraid you're going to get mixed reviews here too. I think they're pretty good, but I prefer my Shure SE510s. Really there's no better way to know if you'll like them than trying them. Best Buy has 15-30-day return policy so buy them, try them and return them if you don't like them.
  3. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

They're better than some of the other headphones you'll get pre-packaged with most other cell phones, but I would suggest you either get a member here to sell you theirs for no more than $40.00 or if you want to spend around the $99.00 then I'd try some of the earphones below. A few months ago I had a pair of Monster Turbines that I sold new in the box on Ebay for $50. They retailed for $179 but seemed too heavy for what I needed (workout earphones).

Denon AHC560R In ear headphones with 3 button remote and mic (AHC 560 R) at Vanns.com

Klipsch S4A in ear headphones headset with in line remote (S 4 A) at Vanns.com
    SamXp likes this.
  4. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

5. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

The Beats are OK but they are definitely not worth $100 maybe $40 or so. I personally don't understand all the hype.

I agree with the other posters that Shure and Klipsch are good quality. If you can afford more than $100 I would be looking at ear buds that are noise canceling.

Some decent choices for $100 or less could be: Klipsch S4A, Klipsch Custom-2, Shure SE215, Bose IE2.

I also agree that you need to try them. Sound quality is one of those areas that is sooooo subjective.
  6. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

I'm no audiophile and I agree that I'd never pay $100 for the headphones that come with this phone. Still, I prefer them over the ones I were using prior, Skullcandy Titans, which I thought were pretty darn good for the price ($35). The Beats earbuds don't get as loud, but they do seem more clear with less distortion (especially in the bass) at similar volume levels.
  7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

The beats earphones plus the beats EQ setting on the phone are nicely matched, despite what those with no experience say. They're not ground breaking, but I'll take that set up over most other phone/earphone setup.
  8. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

I don't seem at Verizon's website, but my brother told me these same Beats earbuds are in their inventory for $99. Crazy. I'd buy the Klipsch before these.
  9. Blackthanos

Blackthanos Well-Known Member

I would probably say try the Klipsch as well. I had a bad experience with the sound quality from Shure. Things may have changed, or newer models may be better but you know what they say. Once bitten....
  10. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've gotten so used to the EQ enhancement that I can't use the headphones without the EQ on. And I do find it ludicrous that people who have never listen to this setup for any length of time (i.e. more than 5 minutes) can say they don't do anything or can be easily replicated with a good EQ app. How about listening to more than ONE song?
  11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

12. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

The Beats that come with the Rezound are better than the earbuds that come with phones and mp3 players and cheap pairs in stores. They are not as good as a good pair of earbuds(Kilpsch S4 for example). The Beats will get you by though, you could live with them for day to day use.
  13. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I dare say they're some of the best earbuds pre-packaged with a device. Not as a testament to the earbuds, but as a below-the-belt shot at all the other earbuds that are packaged with phones, MP3 players, and other portable listening devices.
  14. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

If somebody here does not want the ones that came with the phone and wants to get rid of them for $40, PM me, I will buy them from ya.
  15. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

They produce pretty deep bass for buds. If you like hip hop or rap they will probably be decent. I listen to mostly rock/ blues older (80's) metal and they sound good but would I pay msrp? No.
  16. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Going with the S4a unless someone wants to sell a pair (new ibeats) that they wanna get rid of.
  17. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

You would buy the Beats over the Klipsch? I think I would buy the Klipsch.
  18. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

The Klipsch are slightly better, but I don't know if I'd pay 2x for them. They're probably about $15-$20 better than the Beats.
  19. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

$79 at best buy for the for the basic set and $99 with the controller. I just want a good set of ear buds that can control volume, skipping tracks and answering calls.