Question about the Galaxy S4 and Verizon lteGeneral

1. Arehexes

Arehexes Well-Known Member

ok so I am looking to leave Sprint after the issues I have with them, mostly because my coverage wasn't what they said. Now the only choice left is Verizon, and I have this question. Is it possible to unlock the the gs4 to work on att and tmoble? I ask cause I keep phones that have use down the line and would use this if i moved to a tmo friendly area.

Advertisement
  2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I don't think any T-mobile/ATT phones work on Verizon or visa versa. That's why, for example, the Nexus 4 only works on T-Mobile/ATT, or more to the point, the Google Edition of the S4. There may be a few phones that work on all three, but I'm pretty sure the S4 isn't one of them.
  3. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

ATT & T-Moblie are on GSM frequencies (radio & antennas)
    Verizon and Sprint are on CDMA frequencies (radio & antennas)

It is my understanding that the radios are not compatible. Also individual carriers have unique frequencies. Although some US phones have some international GSM abilities, the frequencies are different from those in the US.
  4. Arehexes

Arehexes Well-Known Member

that's what I'm lost about because it seems lte can work on tmo and att at least for voice/sms. that's what I'm seeing on the fact it's a unlocked phone.
  5. jettie1767

jettie1767 Member

The LTE frequency that Verizon uses is different from ATT. If you buy a Verizon S4 and use it on ATT, you will not get LTE service or vice versa.