• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about the Home key on the phone.

dadams312

Jul 25, 2010
Hey!

New to Android as of the release date of the captivate...came from a 3g and am enjoying the switch so far.

When the home (soft key?) key gets pressed the phone used to take me to my middle page (set for 3). Woke up this morning and it's now taking me to the 3rd page, and I can't find a setting that pertains to the behavior of those keys anywhere. It's hugely annoying and I need help.

well, if i scroll to the far lets screen and hit that home key it takes me to the third page...same thing when it's at the middle page.

This happened to me because I deleted my "empty" screens. If that's what you did, here's how to fix it:

There are seven screens to chose from. Add screens until you've reached the max (7). Screen "4" is the "home" screen - the screen that will be displayed when you press the home key. Arrange your icons in a manner taking into consideration that this screen is your home screen. So let's say you have two empty pages, they should be page 1 and page 8. If you have 4 empty pages, they should be pages 1, 2, 6, and 7. Delete the empty pages.

In case you don't know the key presses to do this, from the home screen:
-Menu -> Edit
-press '+' to add screens
-arrange them so that the blank screens are on the outside (as mentioned above)
-make your home screen page 4
-delete the empty pages
-Menu -> Save

I hope I explained that right :)

Upvote 0
This happened to me because I deleted my "empty" screens. If that's what you did, here's how to fix it:

There are seven screens to chose from. Add screens until you've reached the max (7). Screen "4" is the "home" screen - the screen that will be displayed when you press the home key. Arrange your icons in a manner taking into consideration that this screen is your home screen. So let's say you have two empty pages, they should be page 1 and page 8. If you have 4 empty pages, they should be pages 1, 2, 6, and 7. Delete the empty pages.

In case you don't know the key presses to do this, from the home screen:
-Menu -> Edit
-press '+' to add screens
-arrange them so that the blank screens are on the outside (as mentioned above)
-make your home screen page 4
-delete the empty pages
-Menu -> Save

I hope I explained that right :)

I took that into account, I have used just the 3 screens since like day 2. I will have to double check to make sure though...thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones