Question about the SIM CARD (metro pcs)General

Last Updated:

1. mariana1028

mariana1028 New Member

I want to know if I can do the follow procedure:
    Use the SIM CARD from my Samsung Galaxy Indulge (metro pcs) and inserted to the LG Esteem (metro pcs)

It will run the same 4g or it is programmed to each phone.:confused:

Thank you

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

You can not change it from phone to phone as far as I know. Its actually a UICC card thats just for the 4g network. The "next generation SIM card"
  3. demarsjcd

demarsjcd Well-Known Member

+1. I actually asked one of the reps at metropcs stores and he said no. However, most of those guys dont know what the hell they are talking about
  4. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

that card is programmed to that specific phone and cannot be used in a different one. log in metro and look under your account and you will see the uicc info for you phone to use that card.
    mariana1028 likes this.
  5. JayBondzeWell

JayBondzeWell Well-Known Member

And I tested the theory to verify and you cannot
    mariana1028 likes this.
  6. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

No you can't. The UCCID Card is set to the MEID of the device you have.

So what that means is: If you lose that care, your SOL, if it's damaged your SOL (unless you have INS), You can not use a UCCID card from one device to another.

The reason the UCCID card even exist is because to hardware LTE is still fresh and untill the chip manufactures make it incorperated into the phones motherboard, you have a UCCID card. (and it's not a SIM card) Simular but not.

Sim card you can move from one phone to another UCCID, you can't.
    balta4513 and mariana1028 like this.
  7. balta4513

balta4513 New Member

i got 2 lg esteem!!! so can i change the sim card in thos phone just for test??? because someone else said is set for one phone only... i wanna try n i hope not brea my phone cuz i don't get any insurance for the phones.
  8. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

It won't work as it's not really a "sim card" the way GSM phones have sim cards.

It's a UCCID Card set for each specific phone.
  9. Gomez025

Gomez025 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if you have two or four of the same phones. The UCCID card is the 4G MEID of each handset programmed to it. So it won't work if you try it. SIM is different from the ICCID card installed to it and to answer some of the other q's, NO the 4G card doesn't serve as the external memory that the phone is talking about. :)
  10. MyTech

MyTech Member

If you do lose or damage your 4G card, can you buy another one for your phone?
  11. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon VIP Member

You would have to go to a corporate store and ask-not sure if they do or not.
    Please let us know your results:)
  12. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Only the attain and the connect that have the new cat 3 uicc cards can have their uicc cards replaced other than that any 4g Lte phone that came out before the attain and the connect is obsolete!
  13. gbiggie

A bud told me that as well. Curious as to what kind of answer he would receive going to a store.
    Still trying to figure out what all these peeps plan on doing with these cards they have removed prior to selling an Esteem on eBay :confused:
  14. discua8

discua8 Well-Known Member

Well i actually tryed a sim cars from tmobile and i still got 4G and i could make phone calls and send text surf the web but i still had the same number not that number from the sim card. (Idk if i explain myself good)
  15. gbiggie

So there was nothing different at all-worked the same as when you had the original card in it:confused:
  16. MyTech

MyTech Member

So your saying the esteem is obsolete? Then why is it so expensive? The connect beats it in almost every category except size (and bigger is only better to a certain point) :confused:
  17. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

18. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

The uicc card is oboslete not the phone and its more beacause perhaps people love it for the hdmi output it has that allows you to connect your phone on to your hd tv ;) the connect is just dual core and thats as special as it gets lol
  19. discua8

Nothing different at all. It was like if i had the metro sim card in it mqte ..
  20. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

can u take a picture of you using a t-mobile simcard and using it on your phone? also if u can do a speed test to see if your 4g speeds have increased or decreased or remains the same.
  21. discua8

Sure i could do that with no problem sir. But the only thing id that i dont really 4G that good. Most of the time i get 3G only idk why.. let me go get my friends tmobile sim card and his phone to take pics.

Edit..... right now im using the tmobile sim card.
  22. discua8

So there you have it. The pic of the sim card from the esteem i tookd it while i was using the tmobile one .. and i had 3 speed test but idk why the other didnt show up. It was at 610kb and thr upload cant remembered. I surf facebook and play a video on youtube. But if noone believes me go head and try it for yourself. Ooh and just adding i try putting the sim card from the esteem to the tmobile phone and it just didnt get the sim card. So. Idk why the esteem got the one from tmobile

Attached Files:

pcwebiz and n4zty like this.
  23. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Haha thats great im glad you tested this out this blows out alot of speculation and opens up new doors of further testing thanks for posting this!!:D
    discua8 likes this.
  24. discua8

I actually tested because i seen lots of peeps asking the same question about the sim.card from the esteem.. so i thought well why not try it out it wont kill me or the phone so yea i tested it and it work... :)
  25. discua8

so right now im doing a test with a sim card from AT&T without service and im still getting with my esteem.. i have 3 speedtest with the sim card from AT&T only thing i dont get 4G just 3G but it might be because in my house i get pretty sucky signal