Question about the Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for the DX.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Zerg

Zerg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just applied mine and it looks and works great. My question is about camera lens protection for the Droid X. Whenever I watched a video about applying the lens protectors, the package the guy in the video had came with camera lens protectors. Did anyone who has these for the Droid X gets camera lens protectors in their package?

Do you guys have a screen protector on your camera lens? I was thinking about cutting out a piece of the extra screen protector and using it as a camera lens protector, but I was unsure if this first one will last me forever or what?

Video of the camera lens protectors. Starts at 1:25
    YouTube - Installation video of SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal Screen Protector on GALAXY S

Advertisement
  2. ifly61ce

ifly61ce Active Member

I have this on my X but mine did not come with a camera lens protector.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

It takes only decent pics as it is. Will the film over the lens make this worse?

Try it and let us know how it does. Take well-controlled before and after pics and post them.

4. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

As a professional camera user, i would not put ANY film over my lens. if it aint glass im not using it infront of my optics.
    any direct light will probably flare very badly with plastic. Its ok on top of an LCD, your eye cant see it, and being right on top, the diffusion isnt bad, but out in front of the lens, its going to be problematic at best.

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

What he said.

6. DROID_nation

DROID_nation Member