• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Question about the Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for the DX.

Zerg

Sep 18, 2010
So I just applied mine and it looks and works great. My question is about camera lens protection for the Droid X. Whenever I watched a video about applying the lens protectors, the package the guy in the video had came with camera lens protectors. Did anyone who has these for the Droid X gets camera lens protectors in their package?

Do you guys have a screen protector on your camera lens? I was thinking about cutting out a piece of the extra screen protector and using it as a camera lens protector, but I was unsure if this first one will last me forever or what?

Video of the camera lens protectors. Starts at 1:25
YouTube - Installation video of SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal Screen Protector on GALAXY S

As a professional camera user, i would not put ANY film over my lens. if it aint glass im not using it infront of my optics.
any direct light will probably flare very badly with plastic. Its ok on top of an LCD, your eye cant see it, and being right on top, the diffusion isnt bad, but out in front of the lens, its going to be problematic at best.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones