Question about Titanium Backup

Last Updated:

1. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Playing with GAOSP and no Market. I want to re-install Titanium Backup. Only one I can find is from the developers page and its an older version. The quesion is about updating it. When you open the app, it checks for updates. Does it do so from their servers or does it check the Market ? I am trying to restore some previously installed apps that I can't seem to find ( Google Skymap, and a couple of other things ).

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I ran TB and pressed the 'check for updates' button, it took me to the Market.

3. weasel

crap ...

4. weasel

Allright. I'll settle for a slightly older version, just to get stuff going on my phone. Question is how. Developers site is here: Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site. Partway down is "Where to Find Titanium Backup" There is a link to download. Problem I have is that it is a zip, not an apk. Do I use "apply an zip" in recovery ??

5. bresslau

bresslau Well-Known Member

Try to rename the zip file into an apk. It is one of the possibilities, I believe.

weasel likes this.
  6. weasel

Will give it a shot. Makes me wonder why they didn't do that in the first place ?

7. weasel

Can't believe it actually worked. Too simple !! The best part is now that I have it back, I could restore all the apps I had before going to GAOSP that were market only. Insert big shit eating grin here :)