question about transfering info from pc to evo

Last Updated:

1. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

can i transfer music photos etc, from my EVO to PC without taking out the SD card from the phone, can i do all of this by simply hooking up the USB cable from EVO to my PC, please help

Advertisement
  2. RedhddOne

RedhddOne Active Member

Yes, you can put files on your SD card by hooking up your phone via usb to your PC. Choose the correct setting (I think it's use as drive) and then you're good to go!

3. nomunk

thats what i have been doing and it shows up as removable E. drive but it has no folders or nothing in it, when i click on the E. drive it says please insert a disc.

any suggestions

4. nomunk

is there anyone that can help me with this

5. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Have a quick peek at MENU > Settings > SD & phone storage and check if your card's total & available space is displayed.

Have a quick check at MENU > Settings > Connect to PC and check the "Default connection type" is set to "Disk drive" or you have "Ask me" checked.

6. NSXLA

NSXLA Well-Known Member

7. nomunk

i just checked those and I changed it to disc drive and i have Ask Me checked and still nothing, it still just shows up and E. drive with no folders in it or anything

how do you guys swap data music photos back n forth from pc to evo, what am i doing wrong, arrrrrrgh this is so frustrating, any more suggestions

8. nomunk

the thing i hate so much is why when i plug the phone up to the PC with my usb cable, the E. drive doesnt have any folders to put anything in like every other phone i have had in the last 5 years

please tell me how you guys swap music and photos back n forth from evo to pc

9. erikivy

erikivy Well-Known Member

Just guessing here, but you may have a bad SD card. Have to tried accessing it with a card reader? That would be my next step. If you can access it, I would copy the data off if it to your PC, reformat the card with this utility, copy the data back to it and then reinstall it in the phone. It couldn't hurt to try.

10. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Try this, disconnect the EVO from your PC. Make sure the EVO's "Default connection type" is set to "Disk drive" and "Ask me" is NOT checked.

Reboot the PC and then plug in then plug in the EVO.

11. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

I plug in the usb to the my xp home pc, choose mount as disk drive, open it up through my computer, drag and drop wherever I want on the sd card. (I put mp3s in the music folder)

If it's not working, you either;

1) have a phone problem
    2) have an OS problem
    3) choosing the wrong charge method

12. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

I just tried this - I Powered off and on the EVO and it goes through a process where it "prepares the SD card".

13. nomunk

i have to assume at this point its number 1 or 2 because i have tried all the suggestions, and made sure i had my connection type set to disk drive, owell this will probabley be the last straw for me with the EVO, and with the other problems im having, unfortunately the iphone 4 is becoming more of a possibility for me now

14. nomunk

this worked bro, thx so much, and thank everyone else for helping out, im very greatful

15. sitlet

sitlet Banned

the card wont have any folders on it, unless you have installed apps that use the sd card. Just make a folder called MUSIC and put music in there, Pictures go in Pictures folder etc. It doesnt really matter where you put the files, the OS will find them.

16. nomunk

got it all fixed now bro, thx for suggestion