• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Twitter for Android

Dincboi

Jun 27, 2010
Ok, So I downloaded the official twitter app for android( I have the Dinc).

However, I have no clue on how to get twitter updates sent to my phone immediately.

Like occasionally I would get a notification that i have an x number of recent tweets, but its not immediate.

Now I know I can do it the old fashioned via text message..but I want to avoid that because its a smartphone and im assuming theres a way for it to be instant.

Thanks.

Try Tweetcaster.

I just started using the free one and it supports more than one account and i have two so this is a biggy for me.
Works great for my Vibrant and gives me immediate notifications at the top of my phone plus you can get vibration and/ or a sound or LED flash if you have it as well.

They have a Pro version which doesnt show banner ads, but the ads are very small on the bottom of the screen. Dont bother me. I just read the tweets.

The regular twitter app blows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones