• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about two methods to root the droid x

Arehexes

Jul 24, 2010
I have the GUI DroidX Root Program, and the freeroot.apk, I was trying to read on both can't find much. I know the freeroot.apk can run on the phone(and i know it was on the market place cause someone stole and charged for it taking all the credit), and I know the GUI DroidX Root Program can do one click root/unroot. My main question is this, which method do you think is safer to use. And which would be easier to unroot for when 2.2 comes out for the phone (And I know it's a good idea to use Ti- to back up the phone and not delete the "Bloatware" but to rename it or freeze it.), I would just like to know what you guys think, I'm not new too modding systems just android devices (although I have been reading a lot on it what I could find useful).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones