Question about "Unlimited Data" on VodaphoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. nickb23

nickb23 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I am looking to move over to Vodaphone to get an HTC Magic, but I have reservations about their "Unlimited Data" package of 500mb per month. I have never had a mobile internet phone before, but I am looking to use it to its full extent with my next phone. With all the google maps, last.fm, Spotify (in the future), Apps and internet, am I going to get anywhere near the 500mb limit?

On another point, I think I like the Magic more than the upcoming Samsung I7500. Am I mad, seeing the Sammy out specs the magic pretty much in every department....

Many Thanks

Nick

Advertisement
  2. sammrat-sms

sammrat-sms Member

Technology is bringing new things every day. So what important is today may not be important for tomorrow. So it will be better if you will move ahead what is today instead of waiting for the latest one.

3. dustoff

dustoff Member

I think 0.5Gb / mo. is pretty reasonable for a phone.

I spoke to Vodafone about this when I bought mine. I imagine them being reasonably lenient so long as you aren't persistently going over the 0.5Gb limit. They will call you first and ask you politely to lower your usage rather than just pulling the plug.

Personally, I don't see how I could use >0.5Gb in a month on my phone.

The only draw back is the 18/24 month contract, but all the networks are going this way....

4. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

If you're using spotify or last.fm for several hours a day you will break through the 500Mb limit.

Same if you watch a lot of iplayer. According to Netcounter just doing emails, light browsing and installing quite a few apps I'm using about 100Mb a week. Now that I'm installing fewer programs it'll probably drop to 40-50Mb a week.