• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about upgrade on family plan

neverender

Mar 26, 2010
Here's the situation: parents have a family plan. Two of the four lines are ready for upgrades. However, over the phone, I learned that, apparently, only the PRIMARY line gets a discount. Everyone else gets the normal phone price. So the representative was telling me the HTC Incredible was going to cost me $299 (and then I get $100 rebate) so $199.

Is that right? If so, being eligible for an upgrade grants me the ability to pay normal price? I thought I got some kind of credit...not just the primary number.

Anyone?

Here's the situation: parents have a family plan. Two of the four lines are ready for upgrades. However, over the phone, I learned that, apparently, only the PRIMARY line gets a discount. Everyone else gets the normal phone price. So the representative was telling me the HTC Incredible was going to cost me $299 (and then I get $100 rebate) so $199.

Is that right? If so, being eligible for an upgrade grants me the ability to pay normal price? I thought I got some kind of credit...not just the primary number.

Anyone?
Only plans over $49.99 are eligible for corporate discounts and NE2 discounts... and the way VZN sets up Family plans, all lines save the Primary is $9.99.

Reactions: secretLOVER
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones