Question about upgrade on family planGeneral

Last Updated:

1. neverender

neverender Active Member This Topic's Starter

Here's the situation: parents have a family plan. Two of the four lines are ready for upgrades. However, over the phone, I learned that, apparently, only the PRIMARY line gets a discount. Everyone else gets the normal phone price. So the representative was telling me the HTC Incredible was going to cost me $299 (and then I get $100 rebate) so $199.

Is that right? If so, being eligible for an upgrade grants me the ability to pay normal price? I thought I got some kind of credit...not just the primary number.

Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

This is quite a convoluted process, but I'm pretty sure that only the primary line does indeed get a $100 discount for the NE2. I'm pretty sure you can upgrade at BestBuy and if you do that the rebate would be automatically deducted and you'd only have to pay the $199 up front.

3. CEV

CEV Well-Known Member

That is the discounted price. If you were not eligible for an upgrade, then it would cost you $550 or so.

4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Only plans over $49.99 are eligible for corporate discounts and NE2 discounts... and the way VZN sets up Family plans, all lines save the Primary is $9.99.

secretLOVER likes this.