• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Upgrades

Tyler

Mar 14, 2010
Alrite like the rest of you guys I am very excited to get the Incredible and cant wait!

The only thing that bothers me is the release date. My upgrade is April 2nd and if the Incredible isn't released till April 17th I want to make sure I have a backup plan.

I am planning to upgrade to the Droid on April 2nd and use that until the Incredible is released then returning it and buying the Incredible.

My question to you guys is if I would have to pay any additional fees and would I lose my upgrade discount price on the Incredible?

If it matters:
I am in a family plan and Im not the primary line in the contract.

Alrite like the rest of you guys I am very excited to get the Incredible and cant wait!

The only thing that bothers me is the release date. My upgrade is April 2nd and if the Incredible isn't released till April 17th I want to make sure I have a backup plan.

I am planning to upgrade to the Droid on April 2nd and use that until the Incredible is released then returning it and buying the Incredible.

My question to you guys is if I would have to pay any additional fees and would I lose my upgrade discount price on the Incredible?

If it matters:
I am in a family plan and Im not the primary line in the contract.

Hello,

1. You have 30 days to exchange the phone if you dont like it. So if you got the droid on the 2nd you would have until May 2nd to exchange.

2. You would pay whatever the price discount is for the Incredible. For example if you paid 2 year pricing for the droid then as long as the exchange is with in the 30 days you would pay 2 year pricing on the Incredible. Hope this helps. It is what i did with the eris to droid. Now i am going to have to sell my droid on Ebay and hope i get enough so the incredible doesnt cost me to much at retail.

Reactions: Tyler
Upvote 0
Hello,

1. You have 30 days to exchange the phone if you dont like it. So if you got the droid on the 2nd you would have until May 2nd to exchange.

2. You would pay whatever the price discount is for the Incredible. For example if you paid 2 year pricing for the droid then as long as the exchange is with in the 30 days you would pay 2 year pricing on the Incredible. Hope this helps. It is what i did with the eris to droid. Now i am going to have to sell my droid on Ebay and hope i get enough so the incredible doesnt cost me to much at retail.

Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for!

Won't have to wait a couple weeks now without a smartphone :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones