• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about upgrading to an Android

I have the Pantech Matrix for AT&T, I have had it for a year now and I really want an android phone (HTC Aria.) Because this is before my 2 year contract is up am I not allowed to upgrade, or will I just not be able to recieve the upgrade discounts:thinking:, which i really don't care about. Thanks in advance and please help me.:)

If you haven't set up an online account with AT&T yet, you might want to get one. You can check your eligibility online and in many cases you could be eligible for upgrade prices after 12 or 18 months, even though they told you 24.

Upvote 0
Sorry for not asking this first, but when you say FULL retail value, does that mean the $130 that it says on the website, or the ridiculously high price? Thank you and sorry for not asking this first.

If you are not extending your contract and upgrading that way then it would be the ridiculously high price.

Nothing to be sorry about, we are all here to help!

Reactions: Dr. Shady PhD
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones