• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question about using easy root without update but after rooting partway without nand recovery

I am rooted with the first of toast's steps and running an early fresh rom 2.1. I never felt up to doing the rest of the steps and I never did the ota update. Does anyone know whether I can simply use the simple root to rerot or fully root with recovery now in order to flash the rooted 2.2 roms that require nand /recovery and does it matter that I never did the update? Thanks

I am rooted with the first of toast's steps and running an early fresh rom 2.1. I never felt up to doing the rest of the steps and I never did the ota update. Does anyone know whether I can simply use the simple root to rerot or fully root with recovery now in order to flash the rooted 2.2 roms that require nand /recovery and does it matter that I never did the update? Thanks

I am pretty sure that you can just run simple root and it will unlock nand for you. However, I would revert back to an early RUU just in case and start fresh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones