• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Vibration notifications in Gmail app

phositadc

Mar 18, 2010
In my Gmail app, I have the "Also vibrate when email arrives" box checked. When I have my sounds on, it both makes a notification sound AND vibrates when I receive an email. When I have vibrate-only mode on, it only vibrates.

However, if I uncheck the box, it does NOT vibrate when my phone is in vibrate-only mode.

Is there any setting that causes Gmail to only vibrate in vibrate-only mode? I do NOT want it to vibrate when I have sounds turned on.

Thanks.

I haven't found a way to do this. I have tried some 3rd party apps, but nothing so far works. Now, when I want everything to vibrate, I have to turn the ringer to vibrate, then go into gmail (and google voice) and set each to vibrate. It is a pain, but so far that is the only way I know to do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones