• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/GSM] Question about wifi hotspot working on other phones & tablets but not laptops

thefowlerfam

Dec 31, 2011
Holiday, FL
My SGH-T999N is rooted with resurrection remix KK v5.1.0 and I have the unlimited data plan. (Don't know if that matters) When I use the wifi hotspot it works just fine on other cellphones and tablets, but when I try to use it on my sons laptop, it says its connected, but when you try to go online it brings up a message from MetroPcs saying I need that feature. Just like it did on the phone before it was rooted. Any ideas why it would work on tablets and phones?

As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated...
Jeremy

Download an app called pda net, its all you ever need, it will have you download a pdanet program for that cpu your using. Once youve done that message back if you need assistance. My wife and I have used this for a couple of years now and havent had to purchase internet. Its definitely a life saver. You can thank me later you wont be dissapointed

Reactions: thefowlerfam
Upvote 0
Download an app called pda net, its all you ever need, it will have you download a pdanet program for that cpu your using. Once youve done that message back if you need assistance. My wife and I have used this for a couple of years now and havent had to purchase internet. Its definitely a life saver. You can thank me later you wont be dissapointed

I installed the pdanet program on my laptop & the app I installed was pdanet+. When I tried to use it, it connected me as foxfi, which I don't have installed. I did see in the pdanet+ app that it uses foxfi. So maybe I downloaded the wrong app from the playstore. That was the only app I saw that actually said pdanet in its name. Is the app you download on the phone called pdanet? If it is I can look for its apk on google. Let me know if thats the case, & I really appreciate the help...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones