• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question and help

ws6dom

Dec 18, 2010
I just installed cm9 today and everything went as planned except i have no market. I then followed the steps to get the market from recovery then zip from sdcard and in my cminstaller folder but i did not have the gapps folder that i had previously put in there. My question is should i boot back into webos mount the hp and put another gapps zip folder in the cminstaller folder???? Thanks for any help.

That's how I would do it, except you can install from recovery. No need to use the acmeinstaller.

1. Boot into recovery via the moboot menu.
  2. (To use recovery, up/down volume buttons are used to navigate up and down, press the power button to go back, and press the "home" button to do the highlighted task. Only briefly press the buttons since it's easy to skip a step by holding down a button too long.)
  3. Press up or down volume button until "install rom from sdcard" is highlighted, press "home" button.
  4. use up/down to highlight "choose zip from sdcard", press "home"
  5. highlight the folder with your gApps file (cminstall?), press "home"
  6. highlight gApps file, press "home"
  7. highlight "yes -install gapps...", press "home" (always watch for errors)
  8. press power to go back until "reboot system now" is visible and highlighted, press "home"

Upvote 0
Glad you got it working. :D

For future reference... acme installer removes files it has installed so if you still have gApps (or any other file) in your cminstall folder, it didn't install it. The file has to be named a certain way for it to know to install it so you can't just dump any file in there and expect it to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones