Question: Anyone here loves anime and willing to try QQ Player?General

1. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

I have been enjoying using QQ Player, the only player that I know able to play animes with various "hardcore" encodings. This player seems to have its own decoders and bypass the hardware decoder.

But if the hardware is slow, QQplayer will still able to play, but with abysmall frame rate (like when QQ Player on my Archos 70it playing [GG] subbed Tiger and Bunny or [GG] subbed [C] money of soul and possible of control).

I wonder, with more powerful hardware of Tegra 2 of Toshiba Thrive, is it possible for QQ Player to play those kind of files with good frame rates?

So I request anyone already with Thrive to try QQ player and try playing the most powerfully coded video they can find. Preferrably MKV and 1080P.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I tried it with the gTablet and A500, but recall the QQ player was slow, since not using the hardware decoding. Not tried on the Thrvie yet, but so far, all videos that were jerky on the A500 and gTablet play smooth on the Thrive.

Key for the Thrive is to turn OFF the video enhancement, since it does the opposite for quality and performance.