Question: Asurion Insurance regarding lost Evo

Last Updated:

1. jwaitetran

jwaitetran Member This Topic's Starter

I misplaced my Evo the other day and was wondering what the process was for getting a replacement Evo sent out to me through Asurion (four years and finally glad i purchased the protection). I know you file a claim but with the evo being mostly out of stock, how long would it take for me to get my replacement Evo? Thanks, anything helps!

Advertisement
  2. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Sounds like you should have downloaded the GPS app to help find your lost phone.

3. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

well typically assurion has their own stock of phones specifically for replacement based on a formula that takes how many phones are expected to fail or break into consideration, and stocks accordingly. unfortunatly there is a large supply/damand situation with these handsets. So you probably wont get a serious answer unless you contact assurion directly. btw sorry to hear about your evo...

4. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

i lost my pre due to water damage about a year ago. I called Sprint and they directed me to a website. I filled out the info online and had a phone the next day. It is hard to say how long it will take for the EVO though. I will be interested to find out. I do know that the Sprint insurance plan is easy to use... its just a matter of EVO stock. Good Luck!

5. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member

When you lose a phone, do you get a new or refurbished phone? If it's refurbished, how's the condition of the phone usually?

6. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

There is a good chance you will get a refurbished phone, but not always. Its just as good a new one.. you wont be able to tell a difference.

BlackDave and manny84 like this.